Privacy Statement for Syariah Court Website
- This is a Government of Singapore website. The purpose of this Privacy Statement is to provide information on how we handle, collect, use, disclose and otherwise process any data, including your personal data and that of any other person, that is provided to or collected by us (collectively, “Data”). Please read this Privacy Statement carefully.
- The most current version of this Privacy Statement can be accessed at or such other URL as may be specified by us from time to time. Every time you wish to access or use the Services, please check this Privacy Statement to ensure that you understand the terms that apply at the time of your access to or use of the Services.
- We may request or collect certain types of Data from you or in connection with your access to and use of the Services. Examples of the types of Data that we may request or collect include information relating to:
- you, including your contact information, mailing address and other personal details;
- any person who has been authorised by you to access and use the Services on your behalf, including the personal data of any such person; and
- your usage of the various features of the Services and the permission granted by you or a person authorised by you to access your Data from other sources such as MyInfo.
- We may request or collect Data relating to persons other than yourself from you, in the course of your access to and use of the Services. Where this involves the personal data of another individual, you represent and warrant that:
- unless the contact otherwise requires, you have obtained consent from that individual to allow you to provide his/her personal data to us, and to allow us to handle, collect, use disclose or otherwise process such personal data for any or all of the Purposes, or other purposes as notified by us to you from time to time; and
- such personal data is true, correct, current and complete.
- We may use "cookies", where a small data file is sent to your browser to store and track information about you when you enter our Website. The cookie is used to track information such as the number of users and their frequency of use, profiles of users and their preferred sites. While this cookie can tell us when you enter our sites and which pages you visit, it cannot read data off your hard disk.
- We may handle, collect, use, disclose and otherwise process your Data for any or all of the following purposes:
- to enable us to transact with you;
- to assist or facilitate your access to or use of the Services;
- to enable us or third party service providers engaged by us to provide the Services (or any part thereof) to you;
- to respond to any queries, feedback or complaints provided by you, or otherwise respond to or deal with your interactions with us;
- to monitor and track your usage of the Services, in order to assist us in understanding your interests, concerns and preferences, and improving the Services;
- to create reports and produce statistics regarding your usage of the Services, for security monitoring, audit, record-keeping or reporting purposes;
- to carry out verification checks, due diligence or other screening activities as may be required by us;
- to create and store backups of Your Content (whether for contingency purposes or otherwise), whether within or outside Singapore;
- to prevent or investigate any fraudulent, illegal or unlawful activity;
- to enable us to communicate with you on any matters relating to your access to and use of the Services, and for all or any of the purposes set out in this Clause 5, by any form of communication that we may introduce from time to time depending on the functionalities and features of the Services or your Device(s); and
- to do anything incidental or necessary to achieve any or all of the purposes set out in this Clause 5.
- We will seek your consent if we intend to handle, collect, use, disclose and otherwise process your Data for any purpose other than the Purposes, unless such consent is not required under the law.
- We may share your Data with any other public agency or third party service provider engaged by us to provide the Services (or any part thereof) to you, for any or all of the Purposes, unless such sharing is prohibited by law. Subject to the foregoing, we will not share your Data with any other person unless we have obtained your consent or where such sharing is permitted by applicable law.
- If you provide us with personally identifiable data, we may share necessary data with other Government agencies, so as to serve you in a most efficient and effective way, unless such sharing is prohibited by law. We will NOT share your personal data with non-Government entities, except where such entities have been authorised to carry out specific Government services.
- For your convenience, we may also display to you your Data which you had previously supplied us or other public agencies. This will speed up the transaction and save you the trouble of repeating previous submissions. Should your Data be out-of-date, you shall be required to provide the most current data through the relevant functionality or feature of the Services without delay. We will retain your Data only as necessary for the effective delivery of public services to you.
- We may collect Data from sources other than yourself, for any or all of the Purposes. We may handle, use, disclose or otherwise process such Data by itself or together with your Data for any or all of the Purposes.
- We may store your Data in servers, systems or devices (whether within or outside Singapore) owned, operated or managed by us or any third party service provider engaged by us to provide the Services (or any part thereof) to you.
- To safeguard your personal data, all electronic storage and transmission of personal data is secured with appropriate security technologies.
- You may withdraw your consent to the handling, collection, use, disclosure or processing of your Data by us with reasonable notice and subject to any prevailing restrictions imposed by applicable law or contract. Please note that the withdrawal of such consent may prevent the proper functioning of the Services (or any part thereof), and may also result in the cessation of the Services (or any part thereof) to you. Notwithstanding the withdrawal of such consent, we may continue handling, collection, use, disclosure or processing your Data if we are permitted to do so under the law.
- This Website or the Services may contain services, software or products, or links to websites, services, software or products that are not owned, provided, operated or managed by us (“Third Party Products”). The providers of Third Party Products may have data protection and privacy practices that differ from ours. We are not liable or responsible for the content, data protection and privacy practices in relation to Third Party Products and you are encouraged to consult the privacy notices applicable to such Third Party Products.
- We shall not be liable or responsible for any Losses incurred, paid by or suffered by you or any other person arising out of or in connection with your access to and use of this Website or the Services, and for any loss or corruption of your Data.
- For any enquiries or feedback on our data protection policies and procedures, or for more information on Data which you have provided to us in the past, please contact:
Quality Service Manager
Syariah Court Singapore
Telephone: 6354 8371