35. —(1) The Court shall have jurisdiction throughout Singapore.
(2) The Court shall have jurisdiction to hear and determine all actions and proceedings in which all the parties are Muslims or where the parties were married under the provisions of the Muslim law and which involve disputes relating to —
(b) divorces known in the Muslim law as fasakh, cerai taklik, khuluk and talak;
(c) betrothal, nullity of marriage or judicial separation;
(d) the disposition or division of property on divorce or nullification of marriage; or
(e) the payment of emas kahwin, marriage expenses (hantaran belanja), maintenance and consolatory gifts or mutaah.
Provisions consequent on matrimonial proceedings
52. —(1) The Court shall have power to inquire into and adjudicate upon claims by married women or women who have been divorced for payment of her emas kahwin and marriage expenses (hantaran belanja).
115. —(1) If, in the course of any proceedings relating to the administration or distribution of the estate of a deceased person whose estate is to be distributed according to the Muslim law, any court or authority shall be under the duty of determining the persons entitled to share in such estate or the shares to which such persons are respectively entitled, the Syariah Court may, on a request by the court or authority or on the application of any person claiming to be a beneficiary and on payment of the prescribed fee, certify upon any set of facts found by such court or authority or on any hypothetical set of facts its opinion as to the persons who are, assuming such facts, whether as found or hypothetical, entitled to share in such estate and as to the shares to which they are respectively entitled.
(2) The Syariah Court may, before certifying its opinion, require to hear the parties on any question of law, but shall not hear evidence or make findings on any question of fact.
(3) In any case of special difficulty, the Syariah Court may refer the question to the Legal Committee for its opinion and shall, if such opinion be given, certify in accordance therewith.