Revision of Inheritance Certificate
Revision of Inheritance Certificate
- Inheritance Certificate number of the previously issued Inheritance Certificate and/or NRIC/ID No. of the deceased.
- Death Certificate of the deceased beneficiary
- Details of the beneficiaries (Full name and NRIC/ID No.) of the deceased’s beneficiary
- Supporting documents showing relationship of the applicant beneficiary to the deceased. Where the applicant’s relationship to the deceased is “Legal Personal Representative of Beneficiary”, documents showing the legal personal representative’s lawful appointment by an Order of Court, or under any written law or legal instrument. A Statutory Declaration from the beneficiary consenting to the applicant making the application on behalf of the beneficiary may also be required.
- For law firms, a letter of authorisation showing that you are instructed to make the application.
- For MUIS, court or authority, a letter of authorisation showing that your officer is authorised to make the application.
You must submit your application online via the SYC Portal using SingPass (for individual applicants) or CorpPass (for law firms, MUIS, court or authority). If you are an individual who is a foreigner and do not have a SingPass, you may apply for SYCPass to make the application.
If you wish to apply for a revised Inheritance Certificate as one of the deceased’s beneficiary has passed away, but there is an error in the originally issued Inheritance Certificate (e.g. typographical error on deceased’s name, or one of the potential beneficiary was excluded from the application), please submit an application for a new Inheritance Certificate for the error to be rectified. Once a new Inheritance Certificate is issued, you may proceed to submit an application for Revision of Inheritance Certificate.
Your application will be processed within 3 working days of submission and is valid for 30 days. If your application is returned to you in the SYC Portal as “Incomplete” and with comments in the “Remarks” column, you are required to act on the task by editing and re-submitting your application in accordance with the comments within 7 days. This task and all other required steps must be completed within 30 days of the original submission date of the application, or the application will expire.
Once the supporting documents have been verified, and your application is approved, you may download the Statutory Declaration (“SD”) template from your dashboard in the SYC Portal , complete the required information in the SD, and affirm the SD before a Commissioner for Oaths. Thereafter, you must upload the affirmed SD in the SYC Portal for verification before making payment. You may refer to the sample SD here.
Payment must be made within 7 calendar days of approval of the application and at least 1 day before expiry of the application, whichever is earlier. If payment is not made at least 1 day before the end of the 30-day validity period of the application, you must submit a new application if you still wish to obtain an Inheritance Certificate.
The revised Inheritance Certificate will be issued within 1 day from the payment date through the SYC Portal in downloadable PDF format. It is available for download only for 14 days from the date of issuance. Once the 14 days have lapsed, you are required to make an application to extract the Inheritance Certificate if you failed to download the Inheritance Certificate within the availability period.
FeeSGD $34.00/per page
Payment can be made via PayNow or eNETS/Credit Card.